PVC & Acrylic Neckpiece Development

Following on from a technique I tried during my initial researching of materials, I created a number of shapes made up of thick layers of acrylic paint on PVC sheets. The piece will be worn with the large neoprene skirt that I made, and I chose to use the PVC as a base for the shapes because of the flexibility of the material and the way it allows paint to dry as a solid on the surface. I am pleased with the results of the shapes and once cut out, I was able to layer the pieces to build up texture.

Once the shapes were layered I decided the neckpiece needed a little more volume to compliment the oversized, full skirt, and so I began to make some larger ‘frills’ using folded pieces of mattress protector sheets. I’m planning on adding the frills to the outer edge of the neckpiece which I will photograph in my upcoming shoot.

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s