Something I enjoyed using in my previous projects was creating wire figures using the spot welder and covering them with sections of fabrics. I previously made the figures and have been using the figures on their own to create line drawings and illustrations by drawing around them. After completing some painted illustrations based on the wire pieces I decided to cover the faces with skin- coloured fabric using some tights that I cut up, and using magazine cut-outs I added lips. I like the effect created by not giving the faces all of the facial details, however I might add some paint details to create eyebrows.
The materials used were chenille wool, melted polythene bags and polyurethane frills. When presenting these pieces I plan to mount the wire on plain white sheets of card and secure them with small amounts of liquid glue.