As part of one of my outfits I have chosen to design a printed piece which will be worn with the knitted top I am also making. I am glad I decided to re-shoot the liquids on waterproof fabric as I think these new images look more clean and professional, and I was able to find print designs that I like. Using editing tools on photoshop I played around with the exposure and shadows to brighten the photos that I would potentially have digitally printed onto fabric. I decided on using the milk droplets on waterproof nylon fabric rather than the water as I felt that the colours and textures worked better with the milk. The photos using water were interesting but there was either not enough contrast in the images or too much, as shown in the bottom left image. I had to think about how the photo would look on an actual garment and if it would work well with the other garment it will be worn with.
I used the design tools on the website; Contrado.com, and uploaded a number of my photos to visualise how the prints would look on a garment. It was also useful to experiment with zooming/cropping images and using a mirror tool before finalising the design. Due to time constraints and my skills in sewing lycra being limited, I had the swimsuit piece constructed by the company after sending off my design and patterns. As the work will be worn by models in my photoshoot as well as in a catwalk setting for The Festival of Making, I wanted to ensure the garment was finished to a high standard and fit properly, which is why I made the decision to have the garment made.